Protect Your Business with General Liability Insurance:
Normally, it is difficult for businesses or general contractors to work without General Liability Insurance. General Liability Insurance is intended to guard operators and owners of companies from claims that may come from a broad spectrum of sources. These exposures could be just about anything, including liability engendered by accidents from the operations of the insured party, contractual liability, products manufactured by the insured party, etc. ISU Bob Gabriel Company is here to work for you and will find the General LiabilityInsurance Policy that best suits your business.
The following coverage’s are available under the General Liability Policy:
Comprehensive General Liability Insurance
- Provides Liability coverage for Bodily Injury and Property Damage arising from accidents on premises, business operations in progress, products manufactured or sold, and completed operations. Bodily Injury includes sickness or disease and death in addition to accidental injuries. Property Damage applies only to claims from damage to tangible property or loss of use of tangible property not damaged.
Premises and Operations
- The Premises hazard exists when there is ownership or occupancy of property (the premises). A customer may have a premises claim against the Insured if the newly waxed floors caused the customer to slip and fall.
- The Operations hazard exists when activity in addition to occupancy of property exists. Most of our customers have this exposure rather than Premises. A carpenter may be negligent and cut the electrical wiring, causing Property Damage to the building.
Products and Completed Operations
- Products hazard arises from the manufacturing or selling of a product such as an air conditioner. A compressor that our Insured sold and installed for the client may have been defective and caused a fire damaging the building.
- Completed Operations is a hazard that remains after the contractor has completed the job. In the air conditioner example above, if the compressor was improperly installed and later caused fire damage due to the improper installation, any resulting injuries or Property Damage would be said to emanate from the Completed Operations hazard.
- This coverage includes libel or slander; invasion of privacy; misappropriation of advertising ideas or style of doing business; or infringement of copyright, title, or slogan, all in the course of advertising the Insured’s goods or services. Some of the newer policies do exclude copyright infringement so make sure to check with your agent.
CGLs generally exclude claims arising from the rendering or the failure to render professional services, and most professional exposures are more appropriately covered by a separate policy.
I know all of this is a lot of information to digest. That’s why we are here. To provide the expertise that is required when making an educated decision on which coverage to purchase. Please contact ISU Bob Gabriel Co. Insurance now, we are here to help.